Friday, February 1, 2019

You MUST read this post

When it comes to important stuff, this is right up there with a home robot vacuum. I'm going to skip right to it.

Columbia Fund for Academic Excellence
It's time for us to nominate Cardinal teachers for this great recognition. You should find a nomination form in your mailbox. Fill out the nomination form and return it to the ultra secret ballot box in the library behind the circulation desk. The deadline is Monday at 3:30. It's a short turnaround, I know, but we need time to gather recommendation letters to support our people. Once we have our nominations, I'll follow up with an email about the next steps. Let's represent!! 

Image result for garage sale memesBookroom closeout sale!
All books in the old bookroom must be gone by spring break. What's that mean for you? Well, a couple of things. First, we need to get anything we want to move to the permanent bookroom in my hands. Many of you are following directions and bagging up "old" books you are using and bringing them to me for cataloging. Yeah! Keep it up! I'll get in there early next week and grab good-looking books as well. You can also take any books you want to your room. If you go that route, I don't want to see them again. Ever! They are officially your problem. Whichever you choose, have it done before you hit the beaches for spring break.

You may have noticed I've rearranged the books in the bookroom. Now that I'm closer to having everything cataloged, I think we can spread out to make it easier to find resources. The new arrangement should help those of you who are shorter than me. 

100 Cup Challenge
Thanks for your flexibility with the crazy week. I'm sorry I missed the first day of building but really enjoyed watching your students problem-solve to build their towers once I got back. Look for a February challenge soon. 

Teacher 100 Cup Challenge Monday! 
Get a team together and come compete in the 100 Cup Challenge on Monday. No more than 4 staff members per team. The winning team members will be able to pick out a free book from the book fair. And have bragging rights until the next challenge. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment