Friday, September 25, 2020

There are a few updates that don't include iPads...

Filtering Issues
I've seen a lot of issues with the iBoss connection that was installed on our student 
ipads yesterday afternoon. I have reported them to tech services and they are working with iBoss on the issues. My thinking is that many parents dealt with the issues on their own. It appears that the main issue is a pop-up telling them that a secure connection can't be made to the proxy server. It seems to point them to Settings to sign in. Several parents I've talked to followed this route but are still getting pop-ups. One thing to suggest is to have families update their ipads to the latest version. When I hear more, I'll let you know.

Mark Twain Award Nominees
Next week I'll be launching our Mark Twain Award challenge for fourth and fifth graders. Per Abbey Upton's suggestion, I made a Keynote presentation with an audio recording of the first chapter of all twelve books. I found a local celebrity to read them! If you teach 4th or 5th, shoot me a 15 minute window next week when I can "visit" your classes to get them started. 

Sora
I also want to have time to talk with all 2nd through 5th grade classrooms about Sora. There are a few changes this year that are pretty cool. I have also spent nearly $1000 this month on new ebooks and audiobooks for our students. I know many of you push Epic, but Sora has a lot of great stuff and is always available. I'm planning on spending a good chunk of my budget this year on Sora, so let me know if you want additional titles. I can have them up and running with a 15 presentation that is sure to be memorable. 

STEM Activities
Next week I'm hoping to start a process for students to check out materials from me to explore at home. I will include challenges and "how to" videos to guide them. I doubt it'll be up and running next week, but I'm fine with you sharing the concept with families who might be looking for extension activities. Just tell them it's coming soon and it's going to be really awesome. Or make up your own line. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment