Friday, November 20, 2020

Zoom/STEAM/Overdue/Bookfair

Great job transitioning back to the world of the virtual! I've enjoyed connecting with your classes. I had 19 Zoom sessions with classes this week. I think Stephanie enjoys hearing the kids but could use less of me talking! If you're looking for a way to relax tonight, check out "Christmas with the Darlings" premiering on Hallmark at 7:00. And have those bingo cards at the ready. 

Zoom feature spotlight
In case you didn't know, you have the option to show only part of your screen while sharing. When you get the popup to choose what screen you'd like to share, choose the advanced options at the top. Then you can choose "portion of screen". You'll get a window that you can enlarge/shrink and move around the screen. A good way to limit what they see at one time, such as when showing a Youtube video. Try it out!

Cedar Ridge STEAM activities
We launched our first round of activity kits this week. We had 39 students submit a request and was able to fill 30 orders. I should have told them to only submit the form one time. I think Aven wins the award for submitting the same request the most times (4)! I enrolled those students in the CRE STEAM course where they can submit videos of their work. We've received several thank you's from parents already and I got live Zoom shoutouts by many students today. So that's good. 

Overdue Books Update
Stephanie has been working diligently this week to directly message every family 
through Seesaw about overdue books. Currently we have a shade over $4,100 in books out. I know. Not pretty. Families have been told to drop them off during the school day and have been given replacement costs. I'll run a "book buy back" event in December during the evening and try to throw some incentive at them. We'd appreciate any reminders you can give your class.

Book Fair
The book fair is all wrapped up. We sold about $1500 worth of books which isn't too shabby. That will bring the school about $400 to purchase books for the library. I don't have an ETA on delivery right now, but will pass along that information when I get the shipment notification.

Have a great weekend and Thanksgiving Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment