Friday, August 19, 2022

Welcome to your last weekend


It's been a long week! I hope you are able to recharge over the weekend. If you need me, tough. I'll be on a play date with Rachel's husband all weekend. 

One Read
If you only read one paragraph of my updates this year, let's hope this is the one. My job is to offer instructional support to teachers. Over the last 20 years, I have been involved with countless projects with grade levels ranging from preK through 8th grade. So I'm here to help you plan, teach, reflect, and adapt. I'm not an evaluator. I know things don't always go well the first time. I've had many activities blow up despite the best planning. It happens. But we learn and move on, just like we expect the kids to do. So please use me.

Team Planning
Thank you to kindergarten, third, and fourth grades for giving me your planning periods. I anxiously await news from first, second, and fifth grades. 

Laptop Imaging
If you don't need your laptop this weekend, bring it to the media center before you leave today. Carl will be back over the weekend to image as many as he can. Your laptop may have an updated wallpaper screen. That does not mean it's imaged. Carl has to take it and image it manually. If you don't leave it with me this weekend, you'll need to schedule a time for it to be imaged. It takes about two hours and will have to be done at some point. Don't hold off. 

Document Cameras
You can come to the media center to pick up your document camera. We are short three right now, but those are on order. Once you have the camera, you can install the software yourself to get it going. Simply open or search for "Software Center". The application is called iPEVO Visualizer. 

iPads
I have our plan in place to get the year started with devices. It's not ideal for all grade levels, but it's the best we have considering we are 80 devices short. After I finish sending this out, I will start organizing the devices and bring them to your room. You might get them today or Monday. Most likely, they are dead unless the previous user powered it off completely. Of course we don't have chargers for all of them. So we'll need to charge in waves. It's going to be a major undertaking to get everyone up and running.

Student Passwords
The default password at this time is "22cps123456" ("123456" being their student number. Allie, please don't put in "123456"). Students in K-2 will not change their password. Mandy will work with grades 3-5 to change theirs during media. She'll give you a hardcopy of your class's new passwords. 

Library Checkouts
Will start on Tuesday. Let us know if you have conflicts. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment