Friday, September 7, 2018

If you want to keep your teacher iPad...

Time to renew your iPad!
If you have been issued an iPad from school (your previous school or Cedar Ridge), I need to get it renewed. Please bring it in to the media center so I can make sure it's in one piece and check out to you for the year. If you don't come in next week to get in renewed, I'll have to come repossess it from you while you are in the middle of teaching.

Pineapple Chart
The chart was looking pretty bare this week. Hopefully pineapple will be more in season next week. I see fun things happening in your classes all the time. Add those to the chart so others can see what you're up to. Teachers who post events will be added to the book drawing at the end of September. Join in! 

Computer lab checkouts
See the entertaining video below for a refresher on how to see what labs are available for checkout. 



Minecraft Education
Image result for minecraftYou probably know that many of your students are obsessed with Minecraft. But did you know that we have access to Minecraft Education on our computers and now iPads? You're probably thinking "Minecraft and school doesn't mix". Well, you're wrong! I'd be happy to share ways we could use Minecraft in different content areas. I facilitated a pretty cool Egyptian project last year where students recreated Ancient Egyptian culture and landmarks using Minecraft and then created "travel" videos about their worlds. Ask me about it at your next team meeting or stop me in the halls! 

BreakoutEDU
We had a fun week in kindergarten completing a Breakout scavenger hunt. Maybe you saw us in the halls finding different locations around the school. I'd be happy to create a custom Breakout for your class or find one that fits the content you are teaching. 

#CREteach
Congratulations to Nikki Kunkel for winning the #CREteach award for the week! Awesome job sharing your class's story Let me know what drink I can bring you next week!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment