Friday, September 28, 2018

Dip Day Extravaganza

Dip day was a great way to end the week! Thanks to Kendra and Julie for putting that together. I hope everyone had a chance to sample both Kendra's buffalo chicken dip and the "Better than Kendra's buffalo chicken dip". We should do that more often. Here are some updates from the media center...

Team Planning
The data team meetings have completely thrown off my schedule after I was doing so well with getting to your meetings. I'd like to get back on track next week. You don't need to change anything you are doing when I'm there because sometimes it's just best for me to listen. I'd like to get more focused with our checkout read alouds and have books available to support your units of study. And I'm always up for sharing something new. Please let me know if your meeting times have changed from the beginning of the year. Thanks!

MACH
I am bummed that nobody took me up on the offer to make bookmarks with your class. And then Stephanie caved and made more copies. But I don't give up that easy! I have Abbey's class on Tuesday and would be happy to host anyone else if it fits your schedule. Let me know! I will be working on a menu of maker activities that I can do with your students. Look for that next week.

Library Assistants
Next week we're starting the new Library Assistant Program. These boys and girls applied for the position a few weeks ago and are ready to assist with shelving books, making displays, pulling books, helping our kindergarten friends, and straightening shelves. Here's a look at our classroom captains who are responsible for setting their class schedule and communicating shift assignments. Should be a good time!

Early Bird
We are moving on to fourth grade next week. I'm still weighing what this opportunity will look like for the lower grades. I'm leaning towards an incentive program. If you have suggestions, please let me know. Here's the upcoming Early Bird schedule:
  • Geha - next week
  • Kunkel - week of 10-8
  • Wall - week of 10-15
Finally, if you happen to have an IEP or other meeting in the library conference room, please don't let attending students hang out unsupervised in the media center. I try to keep it locked up because of the iPads, equipment, and books (of course) that we use each day. Thanks!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment